seqence warnings logs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreddy
Participant

seqence warnings logs

Post by sreddy »

Hi

I designed a Job Sequence , i used seqence between two Job activity stages and i had take two links "success" & "Warning", i ran the job . Job is working Fine.
But i am getting some Warning like
did not finish OK, status = 'Finish with warnings'
I am thinking these warnings are getting because of warning logs in job level. Please explain me.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your reasoning is correct, the calling sequence has noticed the "Warning" status of one or more of the called jobs/sequences.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Look at the log for the Sequence job, any warnings it saw would be in there with a yellow marker.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sreddy
Participant

Post by sreddy »

Thank you Hulett

I can understand the warnings those in yellow mark in log. But when i discuss with my ETL team member. She told me, you are getting the warning because of Job Sequence not because of warnings in Jobs.

For that reason i am double check with experienced people like you.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Right, with a caveat. A Sequence job won't care about problems in the jobs it runs unless you tell it to and they will still be logged in the problematic job's log, not the Sequence job's log. So anything bad in the Sequence job's log is from the Sequence itself... which could, of course, be from a problem it noticed in a child job and which it then logged to stop or otherwise affect the sequence processing flow itself.

To be certain what exactly is putting them there, you'd need to post the text of the warnings.
-craig

sreddy
Participant

Post by sreddy »

Thank you Hulett

These are log warnings.

Job SRXXXXX did not finish OK, status = 'Finished with warnings'

Regards
-SReddy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So it seems like you have the 'Log warnings after activities that finish with status other than OK' enabled. That would tell the Sequence to log something in its own log when it sees a problem happen in another process it is running. Those jobs will still have the actual problem details in their own logs, of course.
-craig