Login failed after installing IBM information server 8.0.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harshada
Premium Member
Premium Member

Login failed after installing IBM information server 8.0.1

Post by harshada »

Hi,

We just installed IBM information server 8.0.1. Login to web console is fine but login to Datastage designer, administrator fails with error 81011. I have set up the datastage credentials as dsadm and it has the suite user and suite administrator roles. The IBM information server was installed by a user having admin rights but the setting up of user in the web console is being done by a user not having admin rights. May sound silly but is this got to do sumthing? Kindly guide.

~
Harshada
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

the setting up of user in the web console is being done by a user not having admin rights
Even without the experience of undergoing an 8.0.1 install, that just sounds plain odd to me. Can a user who doesn't have admin rights add another user?! :?
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
harshada
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by harshada »

yes you can add... you just need to login to web console and there u can add.. even though you donot have admin rights
siauchun84
Participant

Post by siauchun84 »

harshada, have you tried to assign an local admin user at your server to the user ID that you created and used to login in your Designer? You may need such credential to login to your Designer.