Ustring to String Implicit Conversion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ustring to String Implicit Conversion

Post by bobyon »

I've gone throughevery stage in my jobs and have eliminted every reference to extended=unicode. I've checked the OSH and there is no reference to Ustring. However, I still receive the following warning:

Code: Select all

Join_131: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "SRC_ID" to field "SRC_ID": Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[40]" to result type "string[40]": Converting ustring to string using codepage ISO-8859-1.
And, I believe this implicit conversion is what is preventing updates to find matching records in the table later in the process.

How can I tell what is causing the implicit conversion? Where is it getting "ustring" from such that it needs to convert it?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
tjr
Participant

Re: Ustring to String Implicit Conversion

Post by tjr »

Is RCP enabled? If so and you read from a connector the type from the connector is propagated. Check with OSH_PRINT_SCHEMA all schemas at run-time.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

RCP is off. Unfortunately too, I am not able to use the Teradata Connector as we do not have Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT).
Bob
tjr
Participant

Post by tjr »

so you are accessing TD without TPT? why that?
still add $OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS to your job and set it to true, before running it. then check the job log for all the record schemas. btw n(var)char is also mapped to ustring.
tjr
Participant

Post by tjr »

so you are accessing TD without TPT? why that?
still add $OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS to your job and set it to true, before running it. then check the job log for all the record schemas. btw n(var)char is also mapped to ustring.