Problem when Kicking off multiple jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem when Kicking off multiple jobs

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We are experiencing this issue when running multiple instances of jobs from a remote server. A PMR has been opened with IBM and they had us install a patch which helped a bit but we are still experiencing the following. Just curious if anyone has experienced this before. The IBM consultant who has developed the jobs and project told me he has never experienced this in UNIX and it must be a Windows issue.
Thanks - - John
A quote from the IBM cnsultant that was entered into the PMR.
in VOLTEST(contingency server) and in TEST (on the dev box)
we are seeing that volume test issue again
basically a job shows that it ran in DS/Director
* but no rows were moved
this is because no real process was actually created on the server
I am sure of this because
- there are rows in the input file
- the output file should have been created (it was not), even
if the input file was empty
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Just received this from IBM suport....we will be running another volume test on Monday and I will report in to let everyone know if this resolves our issue.

I know dsjob changed for Version 8 to require the domain name. type dsjob801.txt
Needs to use the format:

dsjob -domain domainserver:9080 -user xxxxx -password xxxxx -server server.domain.com -run Project Job

You do not have the full domain in the server name.
It needs to show up the same way you see it in the webconsole.

Let me know if this resolves the problem using dsjob.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So the 'this' from IBM was to make sure you include the domain in the dsjob command line?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Yes, they wanted us to include the domain parameter since we are executing from a remote server
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

After the patch and including the domain parameter in our execution we are now getting:
dsJob.exe FAILED with error code: -2 This error only shows up on the remote server executing the DSJOB command. No history or traces of the job ever being kicked off on the DataStage server. Support is now passing on to a different engineering group to investigate. Will let everyone know of the progress with this.
Thanks - - John