Configuration file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

go4it
Participant

Configuration file

Post by go4it »

IS v8.1 has been installed on Windows having a Core duo Processor with 4 GB of RAM

When I am try to create a 2 nodes configuration file, I get the following warning message:

<main_program> Warning: Config file checker on node node1 can only create 3 processes. IBM recommends that ORCHESTRATE users be able to create at least 32 processes per logical node. This node is one of 2 on the physical node <Machine Name>. Therefore, ORCHESTRATE users should be able to create 64 processes on this node.

and I checked for 1 Node configuration file, I get the below error message:

<main_program> Warning: Config file checker on node node1 can only create 8 processes. IBM recommends that ORCHESTRATE users be able to create at least 32 processes per logical node.

Alos when I try to run a EE Job with a BASIC Transformer, my job aborts

Please advice.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Something in your Windows configuration is limiting the number of child processes that a process can create (to a total of about eight, it would seem). Check with your Windows system administrator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.