RT_CONFIG error while trying to compile jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedw
Participant

RT_CONFIG error while trying to compile jobs

Post by datastagedw »

Hi All,

I have few reusable jobs in my project. They have "allow multiple instances" enabled. These are both parallel and sequencer jobs. These generic jobs are meant to be called by us in our specific sequencers.I mean these jobs are part of everyone's regular sequencers. However when i try to compile these generic jobs i get RT_CONFIG error. I searched in the forum and understood that this could be because of runtime column propogation. However I don't have RCP enabled in these jobs. Even when i enabled RCP i find the same error.

Can anyone help me out with this. Is there anything i need to do to get rid of this error.

Thanks in advance.
ETL DEVELOPER
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

RT_CONFIG is not an error; it's the base name of a set of repository tables. My guess is that you do not have full permission to the RT_CONFIGnnn table for the job that you are failing to compile.

It would have been useful had you posted the exact error message.

I am totally confident that RCP is not the issue here.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Post your unedited error.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers