Error loading objects from list of rids

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shankar_ramanath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error loading objects from list of rids

Post by shankar_ramanath »

I am posting this message because there is no forum for "Information Server Manager"

I am using Information Server Manager to deploy code from Development to Production. I follow the standard practice of performing a "Build" on Development, copy the package from Development server to Production server and "Deploy" in Production.

When I choose the option "Replace existing items" during deployment, I get an error message "Message=com.ascential.xmeta.exception.ServiceException: Error loading objects from list of rids".

I see that all the jobs and job sequences have been deployed to Production with the updated timestamp and with the status "Compiled".

In the App Server, I see that the deployment of individual jobs is successful. For example, for a given job, I see

Action=importAsset,User=<user>,Product=DataStage,Archive=/opt/IBM/istoolsDeploy/<package_name>.pkg,Asset=<job_name>,Options={Key=overwrite, Value=true, Key=excludedesigns, Value=false, Key=target, Value=<production_server_name>, Key=nosdo, Value=},Result=Import Result: , Status=Imported by over writing existing asset, Resolved references={}, Unresolved references={}, Messages={}

Is the error message something that I need to be concerned about?

Thanks,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I have done the same types of deployment with overwriting objects and have never seen this error message/warning. While it doesn't look like the message is affecting you, I would submit the problem to IBM via your support provider.