Multiple Versions on the same server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jonyfranc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Multiple Versions on the same server

Post by jonyfranc »

Hi,

Please check if this set-up is possible. I would think its possible. Please share if anyone knows of any issues in this kind of a set-up.

1) Datastage 7.5.2 and Datastage 8.1 installed on the same AIX server machine.

2) Datastage 7.5.2 has the metadata repository in Universe (Hashed files) and Datastage 8.1 on DB2 9.1 , DB2 9.1 being installed on the same machine.

3) Both of them connect to DB2 8.2 for source data via ODBC 5.3.

Thank you...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It is possible (and supported) to have multiple V7 installations on the same server. I am not sure if multiple V8 installations are possible and/or supported, but you can do a standard install of V8 and then install V7 on a different port with no issue. The data sources used at runtime aren't a factor.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would assume that even with 8.x that you'll need to do an "itag" installation for one or the other.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

8.x must be a standard installation.

Two 8.x servers on the same machine are not supported.

The combination of 8.x and 7.x is supported, but the 7.x must be the -itag installation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.