What is APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT? Unable to access dataset?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vkumar
Participant

What is APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT? Unable to access dataset?

Post by vkumar »

Scenario: New installation. Datastage 8.1 installed on Server1 and Mounted the /opt/IBM/ folder on Server2

Configuration / Partitions: node1 and node2 are on Server1 and node3 and node4 are on Server2

Issue: A dataset is created with all 4 nodes (2nodes on Server1 + 2nodes on Server2). Job ran successfully but I am not able to view the dataset or use any orchestrate commands.
I tried to use orchadmin lf -d <dataset> and the error is

Fatal Error: Service table transmission failed for node3 (Server2:Broken pipe. This may indicate a network problem. Setting APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT to a larger value (when unset, it defaults to 60) may alleviate this problem.

I created another dataset using a configuration with only 2 nodes (on Server1) everything is OK. I am able to see the data etc.

Is there anything special to be done after mounting the Installation on the second server?
Thanx........
CTCT
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to set up trusted communication for rsh.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vkumar
Participant

Post by vkumar »

Hello Ray....

I set up trusted ssh connection (creating id_rsa.pub) and I am able to ssh from one server to other without password.
and
I updated the remsh file to access thru ssh
Thanx........
CTCT
vkumar
Participant

Post by vkumar »

Hello....

I tried other Orchadmin commands like check, copy and they all work fine...

I was able to copy a dataset I was able to use osh head etc and they are fine...

I dont know why orchadmin lf or rm or any connected to viewing the data files are not working....
Thanx........
CTCT
vkumar
Participant

Post by vkumar »

I updated the APT_PM_CONDUCTOR_TIMEOUT to 900 and it woks fine...
Thanx........
CTCT