List the Parallel Jobs in a sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh.mohandass
Participant

List the Parallel Jobs in a sequencer

Post by satheesh.mohandass »

Hi,

I have a sequencer job which has a nested condition stage and couple of parallel jobs. During Run time based on an input parameter value and the condition defined in the nested condition stage, the sequencer job with run only certain parallel jobs. There are two flows coming out of nested condition stage and at a given run only one flow will be executed. I want to be able to find what are all the parallel jobs within the sequencer that were run during the last run.

dssearch -ljobs -uses <project_name> <sequencer_name> provides me the list of all parallel jobs within the sequencer but my requirement is to find only the parallel jobs that were run during the last run of the sequencer.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

This command will not help. You want what happened during the run then you need to loop through the log records. If every job is not executed in your sequence then you only want the jobs actually ran by the sequence then the log is the only solution.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at the log for the sequence itself. Right near the end is an event called "summary of sequence run". This event alone will provide the information you seek.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.