Running DSJob through CommandPromt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Puli
Participant

Running DSJob through CommandPromt

Post by Puli »

Hi,

I Wanted to know the command to run Jobs(AlreadyCompiled) through Command Prompt.

Server is in Linux Box.

In Putty i'm currently in /opt/Ibm/Informationserver/server/DSEngine/bin path & i could see DSJob executable. when i try this command its not running

dsjob -run -jobstatus <Project_Name> <job_Name>

output: -bash dsjob:command not found

Onemore doubt which i have is: Can compilation of Individual jobs also be done through Command promt?

your valuable Comments are always Welcome!!!

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Either you need to "cd /opt/Ibm/Informationserver/server/DSEngine/bin" and then run dsjob (and you need to have "." in your PATH environment variable) or issue "/opt/Ibm/Informationserver/server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob"
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Source the dsenv file and execute dsjob command
Nag
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

nagarjuna - the default dsenv script does not add the $DSHOME/bin directory to the PATH.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This is just normal Command Prompt 101 stuff that I guess more and more people have absolutely no clue about having grown up in a completely GUI world. [sigh]

:!: The directory a command lives in needs to be in your $PATH to be able to execute it 'from anywhere' - that $PATH variable lets it find it on its own by providing a list of directories to search through in order. Without that, you need to tell it where the command lives, either by fully pathing the command, using an appropriate relative path or by parking your butt in the directory where the command lives first. After that, what you do depends on if "." (the Current Working Directory) is in your path or not. If it is you can simply type the command, for example "dsjob". If not, then you'll still need to use a relative path to let it know the command is in the same place where you are - "./dsjob" to continue the example.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

chulett wrote:This is just normal Command Prompt 101 stuff that I guess more and more people have absolutely no clue about having grown up in a completely GUI world. [sigh]
You said exactly what I have been thinking! Standard shell (and DOS "CMD" is a shell) knowledge should be a prerequisite of any type of professional work on computers. And the PATH setting is as basic as it gets.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Guess I'll put together a FAQ, getting tired of explaining this over and over. :wink:
-craig

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

chulett wrote: getting tired of explaining this over and over. :wink:
But you do it so well!!!
Bob
Puli
Participant

Post by Puli »

hi,

Thanks that it worked Fine!!!!!

But for command ./dsjob -run <proj_name> <jb_name> its throwing DSJE_REPError. is it mean its failed reaching Repository?

when i researched it says getLasterrormessage for proceeding.

How could i resolve this issue? Please Help me!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Haven't seen that one... can you post your command and error unedited, copy/paste to here?
-craig

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Puli wrote:hi,

Thanks that it worked Fine!!!!!

But for command ./dsjob -run <proj_name> <jb_name> its throwing DSJE_REPError. is it mean its failed reaching Repository?

when i researched it says getLasterrormessage for proceeding.

How could i resolve this issue? Please Help me!!!
I just got this same error message on a DS7.5 job. Turns out the project directory had files/subdirs that were not owned by a globally accessible unix group. I am not sure how that happened.

Check the ownership and permissions of the files in the Project directory and make sure that the id you are using to run the job has rull read/write permissions to the files and dirs in the project. Once I corrected that, my job ran fine.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.