NLS question: loading MS 1256 in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

NLS question: loading MS 1256 in datastage

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi

the page code ms 1256 for arabic characters is avaiable in list of maps and while i try to install the same using ds administrator ,it is saying cannot be loaded until data stage server engine re loaded.

i restarted the datastage engine reosurce on windows services but still it is not got loaded.

can any one guide me if any thing needs to be done for this

regards
rajesh
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

any one help me here
RD
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

Not something I can help with but I am sure when people have the time and knowledge they will help, as always... it's not a chat-room so you can't always get an instant response on demand
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Reloaded isn't the same as restarted. If it really said reloaded you might have to re-install DataStage.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

MS 1256 is a map for server jobs. Is this really what you want?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Sorrel is correct.

Datastage needs to be unistalled and installed freshly with the new settings. We did this for enabling NLS recently

Regards
Sreeni

ray.wurlod wrote:MS 1256 is a map for server jobs. Is this really what you want? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is NOT the case. Re-installing is only necessary to change from NLS-not-enabled to NLS-enabled or vice versa. Loading/reloading maps is achieved simply by restarting DataStage. The Administrator client reports which maps are loaded and which are selected to be loaded at next restart.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.