Sequential file & Dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshul_roy
Participant

Sequential file & Dataset

Post by anshul_roy »

I am unable to use a sequential file for reading and writing. It is able to accept data as input but in output getting error like "The currently selected link is a reject output link.There are no properties that can be set for this type of link."
The same error i am getting with dataset.I tried all combinations in input so as to get the property tab in output of sequential file.
Anshul
preetiv
Participant

Re: Sequential file & Dataset

Post by preetiv »

anshul_roy wrote:I am unable to use a sequential file for reading and writing. It is able to accept data as input but in output getting error like "The currently selected link is a reject output link.There are no properties that can be set for this type of link."
The same error i am getting with dataset.I tried all combinations in input so as to get the property tab in output of sequential file.
Hi,

What exactly is your job design? Are you trying to use the same stage for input as well as output?

Thanks,
Preeti
miwinter
Participant

Post by miwinter »

Sorry, but that really wasn't clear... it actually contradicts itself in that:

"I am unable to use a sequential file for reading and writing"

yet...

"It is able to accept data as input"

Both can't be true.

Can you describe your job design and clarify the issue properly please?
Mark Winter
<i>Nothing appeases a troubled mind more than <b>good</b> music</i>
anshul_roy
Participant

Re: Sequential file & Dataset

Post by anshul_roy »

I am trying to use the same stage for both input and output. I tried doing only input when it worked. Only output also worked. But when the same stage was used for both input and output, i got that error.
Anshul
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The PX canvas works differently than the Server canvas, a stage that writes to a sequential file cannot be simultaneously be used to read that file.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Its what's called a "blocking operation" and would interfere with pipeline parallelism, so is forbidden ----Ray
Nag