Setting APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE Parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

visvacfirvin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Setting APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE Parameter

Post by visvacfirvin »

Hi,

We are getting the following error in out production box wherever hash partitioning/sorting is done on the link (No external sort stage)
Fatal Error: mmap failed: Not enough space
When i checked the forum, it was suggested that an environment variable "APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE" to be set to higher value. But I dont see it to be listed in Administrator.

How to set this environment variable? Can we just pass this as a parameter? Changing to external sort would be time consuming as we have lot jobs to change. Please advice.

Thanks,
Firvin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are lots of environment variables you can find in the manual that are not in the list in the Administrator. You can create any "user defined" environment variable definitions using the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
visvacfirvin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by visvacfirvin »

Thanks for the info Ray.

If it is user defined, is it necessary that it should be added to "User Defined" list in Administrator or I can directly pass it to job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The job parameters grid can only select environment variables that have been defined in Administrator. Therefore you need to add it to Administrator first. Used Defined is as good a folder as any - getting it into the other folders is possible but tedious and more difficult to maintain.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Setting APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE Parameter

Post by sanjay »

visvacfirvin

we are also get same error kindly let us know if its working with
APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE Parameter . we are using HPUnix
issue i feel is beacuse 32 bit limitation with datastage 7.5 so it wont use more then 1.75 GB of shared memory

Thanks
Sanjay
visvacfirvin wrote:Hi,

We are getting the following error in out production box wherever hash partitioning/sorting is done on the link (No external sort stage)
When i checked the forum, it was suggested that an environment variable "APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE" to be set to higher value. But I dont see it to be listed in Administrator.

How to set this environment variable? Can we just pass this as a parameter? Changing to external sort would be time consuming as we have lot jobs to change. Please advice.

Thanks,
Firvin
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Setting APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE Parameter

Post by sanjay »

visvacfirvin

we are also get same error kindly let us know if its working with
APT_TSORT_STRESS_BLOCKSIZE Parameter . we are using HPUnix
issue i feel is beacuse 32 bit limitation with datastage 7.5 so it wont use more then 1.75 GB of shared memory

Thanks
Sanjay
visvacfirvin wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Firvin