SAP CLUSTER TABLE SUPPORT IN ABAP Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sigma
Premium Member
Premium Member

SAP CLUSTER TABLE SUPPORT IN ABAP Stage

Post by sigma »

Hi all

CDPOS and CDHDR are tables in SAP that hold changes to documents.

But CDPOS is a cluster table. (not being a SAP forum I will not get into what is a cluster table in depth but it is more of a table that holds a complex structure)

But in the ABAP stage when we join these two tables it gives a message saying Pool and cluster tables are not allowed in a join.

Again in this case since I could not join it I had to loop through for all keys in CDHDR and read cdpos one at a time and that is a killer solution especially if you have millions of transactions for a given time period

Given that ABAP stage also does not support IN CLAUSE AS OF THIS TIME IN VERSION 8.0.0 ( engineering is working to fix that bug) I am curious if any one had experience of using cluster table and joining it with a transparent table.
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

I have a limited experience in ABAP stages. I assume you are using ABAP extract stage. As per my understanding, an ABAP code can be written in SAP R3 and copy paste in the ABAP stage using the option "Generation Method" set to "Enter program as text". Did you try this option?
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
thebird
Participant

Re: SAP CLUSTER TABLE SUPPORT IN ABAP Stage

Post by thebird »

sigma wrote: Given that ABAP stage also does not support IN CLAUSE AS OF THIS TIME IN VERSION 8.0.0 ( engineering is working to fix that bug) I am curious if any one had experience of using cluster table and joining it with a transparent table.
If you were to do this in a stand-alone ABAP program how would you have done it?
As Mahadev mentioned - you could edit the DataStage generated ABAP code to put in exactly what you would have done in an ABAP program to carry this requirement out. I am not sure if there is anyother way out.

Make sure that you set the property for "Load Method" as required - depending on how and where you have edited the program. If the editing has been done directly in the ABAP workbench - then this option will have to set to Current User Loads the program, if done directly in the ABAP stage editor, then the option would have to set to "DataStage loads the program".
------------------
Aneesh