SQL Server Stored Procedure Calls over DataDirect ODBC bug

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsiem
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQL Server Stored Procedure Calls over DataDirect ODBC bug

Post by rsiem »

I think I found a bug in Datastage. We're on Datastage 8.1 on AIX btw, but I don't think it makes a difference - I think it affects all Datastage 8.1 installactions.

IBM upgraded the version of DataDirect ODBC for 8.1. With it came some funky licensing issues. DataDirect is enforcing a stronger licensing model with this version.

We've found that calls to SQL Server using the ODBC stage work fine.

However when you make a call using the Stored Procedure stage, you end up with these QEWSD records in .odbc.ini.

According to IBM support, QEWSD records appear in .odbc.ini when you make an unlicensed call to DataDirect ODBC. It then creates a "demo" period for the ODBC connection and it eventually expires. (I suspect the number after QEWSD is just a timestamp).

So I delete the QEWSD records in the .odbc.ini, I make a call using the ODBC stage. Everything's fine; no QEWSD record appears in .odbc.ini. As soon as I make a stored procedure call using the Stored Procedure stage, the QEWSD record appears.

I'm convinced this is a bug. Is anyone out there able to confirm this?
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

Check this link ...

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21454584

I found out that my libpath was not setup correctly for AIX...
vishal