Err DB2 API to DB2 Enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Err DB2 API to DB2 Enterprise

Post by mkiru23 »

Hi All,

Error loading from DB2 API Source with 9.1 from prod to DB2 Enterprise dev box with version 9.5.

DB2 API -> XFM -> DB2 ENT

Err logs:
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: SQLAllocHandle: Failed to allocate environment handle 'ENV'.

node_node1: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 1 - Unexpected exit status 1.
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

The same job runs fine for DB2 API to DB2 API but it takes 24 hours to finish for 6 million rows and few other jobs runs fine for DB2 Enterprise to DB2 Enterprise .

I searched the forum I couldn't find any.

Thanks
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination to learn which stage (operator) is actually throwing the error.

It is a fool's errand to try to diagnose errors from APT_CombinedOperatorController.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Thanks Ray,

Does this error message any use after making $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION as true.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_15,2: Failed opening fifo /projects81/Scratch/ordb211839622c7d2562_.003 after 360 seconds: No such device or address.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_15,2: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_15,2: Input 0 consumed 1 records.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_15,1: The runLocally() of the operator failed.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_15,2: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally() did not return APT_StatusOk

Thanks
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is telling you that it is having a problem creating a named pipe (fifo file) in /projects81/Scratch.

Does this directory exist? Does the user under whose identity DataStage jobs are run have read, write and execute permission to it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Yes I verified the Scratch has drwxrwxrwx, is there any work around to extract from DB2 Enterprise to DB2 API for 6 million rows.

Thanks
Kumar