Compilation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compilation Error

Post by sjordery »

When I tried to recompile DataStage job which was already compiled some time ago, I received the following error:

"A configuration file (APT_CONFIG_FILE) must be set up to compile a Parallel transformer stage.
(EX_TX_LTG_Sun_ESTS_INCR_ph1_job.ltgsumhistincr".
Other developers getting the same errors.
We already working for more than one year in this environment.

Any help is appreciated.
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi ,

I think in your job there is a parameter APT_CONFIG_FILE which should be pointing to correct path in order to get your job compile . Make sure that it has some valid default value in it .
Nag
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Log in to your project through Admin, click the "Environments" button and select "Parallel" under "Categories". find the APT_CONFIG_FILE variable and get its value. Go to the directory identified and make sure the specified file exists.

If no value set, go to the $DSHOME/../Configurations directory, get the name of the apt file (assuming only one, if more than one, will have to find out from someone in your team which file should be used) and set the APT_CONFIG_FILE param to this file (with full pathname)