Environment Variable passed to Shared Container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shershahkhan
Participant

Environment Variable passed to Shared Container

Post by shershahkhan »

I am trying to call a Shared container from a job. The job design is

Code: Select all

File - > SharedContainer - > File 
the design of the container is

Code: Select all

-> Transformer -> File  
The job has a Env Param $FilePath = $PROJDEF. The shared contaiiner also has a parmater: Path = #$FilePath#/subdir.

In the shared container the parameter is used in two places one in the transformer to a routine and the other as the path for the file location.

Problem: The varibale is resolved at run time correctly for the file path but not in the transformer because in the transformer Env variable should be used without the #'s.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you build the expression(s) with the Expression Editor?

You probably need to map the job parameter to the container parameter in the container's properties tab.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

I didn't use the expression builder of the transformer. I just map the Env vaiable defined in the job to the coresponding parameter in Container Property, and then i am using the Container param in Transformer stage and File stage.