Issue in the Sybase Enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Issue in the Sybase Enterprise stage

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi,

We have used the Sybase Enterprise stage to select the records from the sybase database.There are 4 columns in one of the sybase tables.We have used the user defined query to fetch the records.
The columns and sample data are :
SEQ_NUM(Numeric),NAME(Varchar),UPDT_NAME(varchar),UPDT_APPL(varchar)
Sample data is :

1,XYZ,ABC,BAN12
2,XWZ,TTC,BAN12
3,SSE,FQC,BAN12
4,XWW,OPC,BAN12

But when we view data from Sybase Enterprise stage the data look like :

Code: Select all

1,XYZ,ABC,{ B A N 1 2 }
2,XWZ,TTC,{ B A N 1 2 }
3,SSE,FQC,{ B A N 1 2 }
4,XWW,OPC,{ B A N 1 2 }
Sybase Enterprise stage internally adds { along with the spaces, due to this all the records coming from sybase stage is treated as new records and are getting inserted.
This problem occured only for this job,rest of the jobs are working fine that is this problem is only for one sybase table.
So my question is :
1.Is this problem with sybase table or is this because of datastage -sybase connectivity issue? :?
2.Why Enterprise stage internally adds spaces and { ?

We used the following properties in the Sysbase Enterprsie stage:
Query:Select SEQ_NUM,NAME,UPDT_NAME,UPDT_APPL from schema.db1.TABLE_NAME
Read DB Type: ASE
Read Method : User_defined
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For some reason (I don't know what) the final column is being reported as raw. It might be worth finding out how the Sybase driver returns each row - whether there is a special, non-printing terminator, for example.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.