Import of entire project failed.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G.K.K
Participant

Import of entire project failed.

Post by G.K.K »

Hi :)

I am using the IBM AIX SERVER , it has Datastage Ibm Websphere 8.0.1 and oracle 9i.

Now my hard disk has been crashed in Aix Server. Before that happens i have taken the entire project Back as .dsx using DSCMDEXPORT command through unix shell scripting which was scheduled.

Now the .dsx file which has 7.53 GB is not importing. it is Stoped at stage types 177 number and import is not going further.

what will be the problem? does datastage will not import if it has huge data? or the .dsx file has corrupted? if not any of these then how to make my entire project import success?

Please help me in this problem to come over it.

Thanks in Advance
k.k
Last edited by G.K.K on Sun May 03, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What did you do to recover the DataStage installation before this, anything? Meaning, are you importing into a clean, empty project or something else? For these kinds of things, it is best to directly involve your official support provider, someone who can hold your hand during the process and help you work through issues like this interactively in real time rather than one (perhaps not so helpful) post at a time.

:!: Next time, mark your "OS" in the post as UNIX not Windows as that refers to what your server's operating system is. The client is always on Windows, so no need to ask or specify that. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers