lookup warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prams
Participant

lookup warning

Post by prams »

Hi All,
In one of my job i have used lookup stage to do lookup with oracle database stage and then i am filtering by using filter stage after that in lookup i am partioning(hash) based on lookup key.
but it is giving the folowing warning like "When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_LUTCreateOp": will partition despite the
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 1."

Please any one help me

Thanks in Advance
Prams
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search - this exact question has been answered a bazillion times.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prams
Participant

lookup warning

Post by prams »

Hi Ray,

i have set preserve partion as clear in the lookup stage.

even though i am getting the same waring.

Please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Input port 1 is the (first) reference input to the Lookup stage. Go to the properties of the stage at the other end of that link, and set preserve partitioning to Clear there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nirdesh2
Participant

Post by nirdesh2 »

Clear the partitioning on the links that are coming to Lookup stage.
Nirdesh Kumar
prams
Participant

lookup warning

Post by prams »

ray.wurlod wrote:Input port 1 is the (first) reference input to the Lookup stage. Go to the properties of the stage at the other end of that link, and set preserve partitioning to Clear there. ...
Hi Ray

Thanks for the replay, and i have done the same thing as you mentioned.
But still the warning is coming.

after that i have set preserve partitoning flag for all the stages in job, even though i am getting the same warning.

Thanks & Regards
Prams
prams
Participant

lookup warning

Post by prams »

nirdesh2 wrote:Clear the partitioning on the links that are coming to Lookup stage.
Hi

If i clear all the partitions to lookup stage then i am getting like this warning.
" Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 15270; no further warnings will be issued for this table"
any how i need to eliminate duplicates thas why i am doing hash partioning based on lookup key.

if have any idea to sove this problem, please help me

Thanks
Prams
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

It seems to me you need to take a step back and think about doing a little research/learning on the tool. This specific problem has been answered in this forum, if not a bazillion then certainly a gazillion times. Do a search man! It is your friend. In the time it takes to ask, you'd have been answered with a search.
any how i need to eliminate duplicates thas why i am doing hash partioning based on lookup key.
Oh mama!