How to get the information regarding job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

itsgops
Participant

How to get the information regarding job

Post by itsgops »

Hi,

I want to get the information such as how many records are passed on each and every links, job status, elapsed time and job name. And all the informations has to be loaded into the target table...

Let me know any other possiblity way to load this informations to the target table.

Give me some idea regarding this...

Participant

Re: How to get the information regarding job

Post by Pagadrai »

Hi,
There are lot of posts about obtaining job information.
Do a search on DSjob commands.

Also, read up the manuals for DSjob commands.
You will get all the details required.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Download ETLstats from Kim Duke's website - it does all that for you. Never re-invent the wheel unnecessarily.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

ETL stats in Kim Duke site is for server jobs...
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

They are server jobs but they can gather information on PX jobs. There is a version for PX. There are several posts on getting more detail on PX jobs like row counts at the partition level.

These jobs are just examples on how to do this and other ETL tricks. You are expected to modify these jobs to meet your needs. Vincent did the modification to aggregate the partitions up to the link level for PX jobs. This is a simple change. To get this detail back is also an easy change.
Mamu Kim