Look_up warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

Look_up warning

Post by deesh »

Hi Friends,
I am encountering the Lookup warning can tell to me the solvation This data coming from SQL Server

Lookup_140,0:Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 3; no further warnings will be issued for this table
Last edited by deesh on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

When even you import data from any files, please make sure you have the proper format, i mean delimiters, some times the data might have the delimiter in it and this may cause some issues. For example, we use pipe delimited files (|), normally the data that we get wont have this, when we create the staging files we delimit with a Pipe symbol, but actually one day the data had pipe symbols and we missed nearly 72 records. I believe that should be the case with you too.
Thanks
Karthick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, how you've defined the file contents in the stage (your metadata) doesn't match reality, what's actually in the file. You need to correct that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mikegohl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mikegohl »

What is the SQL Server Key and what key did you choose for the lookup?
Michael Gohl
girija
Participant

Post by girija »

This warning means you have duplicate keys in the lookup data. Just run the same query with goup by the keys and cout, you found some keys with more than one count.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:evil: Dude, that is totally uncool. You edited your original post to not only change the subject but to also to replace the original question with a completely different one, such that our first two replies now make zero sense.

Nex time, just move on and start a new post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers