Decimal warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

Decimal warning

Post by deesh »

Hi Friends,
When I am sending data to Rejects file it showing below warning can tell to me how solve this warning. This "LOSGR" Having Decimal Datatype, Size is 13,3.
REJECTS: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "LOSGR": "null_field" length (1) must match field's fixed width (15)
BugFree
Participant

Re: Decimal warning

Post by BugFree »

deesh wrote:
REJECTS: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "LOSGR": "null_field" length (1) must match field's fixed width (15)
The decimal field "LOSGR" is of nullable field. I think you might have specified the null field value to '' (single character). But as it is a decimal field, DS expects the null field value of length 15 (i.e. 13 + 2).
Edit the field property for "LOSGR" as null field to 15 character.
Ping me if I am wrong...
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Decimal warning

Post by dsuser_cai »

deesh wrote:Hi Friends,
When I am sending data to Rejects file it showing below warning can tell to me how solve this warning. This "LOSGR" Having Decimal Datatype, Size is 13,3.
You need to check for the null property for this particular column.
To do this, open the stage properties, go to columns tab, click on the column number of "LOSGR" column and you will see the Edit Column Meta Data window. In the Properties option set the Nullable property with spaces.
For example if the size of LOSGR column is 10, you have to leave 10 spaces, like

Null Filed Value = " "
(use double quotes). I think this should fix your problem.
Thanks
Karthick