External Hard Disk

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_kumar
Participant

External Hard Disk

Post by ds_kumar »

Hi

Can we Install Datastage 7.5.1 on an External Hard Disk and access it through connecting it via a Apple Macintosh Laptop

Please suggest.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
adityavarma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by adityavarma »

Ray,
Can we install any version of Datastage on external hard disk and access it through our PCs.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes and no, I would think. Yes in that you could do it as it's just another drive, no if you think that means you can move it from PC to PC with impunity.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not through a Mac, unless you've booted it in Windows. And even then I'm not sure - it's not something I've ever done. Too much hassle needing two hands to effect a "right button click" with a single-button mouse.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

ray.wurlod wrote: Too much hassle needing two hands to effect a "right button click" with a single-button mouse.
Which is why many folks going to a Mac from a PC simply substitute their USB PC mouse for the Apple one, and it works fine :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Aaarrgh!! The extra expense!!!
:lol: