Datasets Created in a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lotus26
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datasets Created in a job

Post by Lotus26 »

Hi

I am using Datastage Px version .I am trying to find out what job creates one dataset .I am using one query like

SELECT NAME FMT '50L', CATEGORY FMT '40L' FROM DS_JOBS WHERE JOBNO IN (SELECT OBJIDNO FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE EVAL '@RECORD' LIKE '%dataset%' AND EVAL '@RECORD' LIKE
'%dataset%' AND OLETYPE LIKE '%CCustomOutput%')COUNT.SUP VERTICALLY NOPAGE COLUMN SPACES 3;

we are having 2 servers which is used for dev version and the other for Production.When I am running the query I am getting correct result on Prod server and I am getting nothing in one server (Dev) .And the job which is creating the dataset is existing in both servers.

I am just wondering what can be possible for seeing various result on diff servers.Can somebody help me in finding out the reson .

I also want what is meant by CCustomInput and CCustomOutput.

I would really appreciate your thoughts.
Regards
Lotus26
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The obvious answer to your first question is that you will see different results whenever there are different results to be seen.

For your second question, CCustomInput is the class of input links to custom stage types, and CCustomOutput is the class of output links from custom stage types. In this context custom stage types means nearly every stage type that connects to external data, and even some of the "active" stage types that don't.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.