Multiple Look up stage with validations

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Deepakinstyle
Participant

Multiple Look up stage with validations

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi,

I have requirement where i have source table and a reference table for lookup (one/more tables). I need to lookup reference table and the rows which fails lookup and validation should go to reject table.

eg: after specifying the lookup columns in lookup stage, there is a column Cal_dt in source table and two columns in reference table valid_from_dt and valid_to_dt. I need to put a condition that after rows pass the lookup condition the cal_dt from source table should be b/w valid_from and valid_to in reference table. Like this the rows after lookup should pass thru the constranints and should be rejected if failed.

I have 3-4 lookup from more than 1 table and few conditions (like cal_dt). when i tried to do to in a lookup stage (using constraint in lookup stage). i was not able to backtrack to reference table columns. i.e if i right click and checked the i/p column option there i got columns only from source table.
so how to hande this in lookup?

please advise.

Thanks in Advance,
Deepak
Aquilis
Participant

Post by Aquilis »

You won't get Reference table column's list in Input column property as Lookup will give you only master table column list.

you can have transformer/filter stage after doing lookup where you can mention that paticular "between"constraint then i think you will be in position to catch rejections.

---aquilis
Aquilis
Deepakinstyle
Participant

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi aquilis,

Thanks for the reply.
my concern if we use transformer, possibilities of performance slowdown.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you have this concern?

I expect it is based on out of date information, unless you have version 7.0. Transformer stage "performance" problems were addressed in version 7.5, as has been mentioned here a number of times.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.