CDC:Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornima.chandramouli
Participant

CDC:Warning

Post by poornima.chandramouli »

When i was doing a CDC,I was getting the following warning,
CDC_: When checking operator: Defaulting "Column1" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".
Where Column1 was coming from both before & after extracts.

I also sorted & partitoned the data based on the keys with which i'm doing the CDC.

I'd mentioned Explicit Keys & Vlaues as change mode.

How to handle these kind of warnings in CDC.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards
girija
Participant

Post by girija »

Handle deleted records separately not with CDC.
shalini11
Participant

Post by shalini11 »

This warning comes with option Explicit keys and values for all the columns which are not used as a key or a value in CDC.

If your requirement permits,use a copy stage between your source stage and CDC and pass only those columns which you require for change capture.

Else use the option Explicit keys,all values or All Keys,explicit values
newtier
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by newtier »

We started getting the warnings on 2 columns when we added the 2 columns to the Exclude Values | Exclude as Value in the CDC stage. The before/after you the exact same table definition. Even if all the records match (no deltas), it still issues the warnings once for each column in the Exclude list.

I interpret the warning as letting us know it is using the value (default) from the before record, not the after record. (Maybe this is not the proper interpretation, but that is the value it used when we did change one of those columns.)

For now we have demoted these to Informational, but ideally would like to eliminate the tool issuing the messages. Anyone know the trick?
Rick H
Senior Consultant