ODBC Stage throwing warning message on field definition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

muralisankarr
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC Stage throwing warning message on field definition

Post by muralisankarr »

I have imported a oracle table having following columns in an ODBC stage

Salary => NUMBER (8,2)
Commission => NUMBER (2,2)

When I executed the job, I got the following warning

" When checking operator : When validating export schema: At field "Salary" : "Null-field" length (0) must match field's fixed width (10)

When checking operator : When validating export schema: At field "Salary" : "Exporting a fixed length field with a "null-field" of length 0 will prohibit a re-import of this field"

" When checking operator : When validating export schema: At field "Commission" : "Null-field" length (0) must match field's fixed width ((4)

When checking operator : When validating export schema: At field "Commission" : "Exporting a fixed length field with a "null-field" of length 0 will prohibit a re-import of this field"

How can we suppress this error message?
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost
akarsh
Participant

Post by akarsh »

Hi,
I believe you are capturing rejects in seq file after loading to DB.
In that case do like below
Go to columns tab of the sequential file stage click on the column number and go to the edit column meta data window and in the Nullable properties specify the null field value as equivalent no of spaces.
Thanks,
Akarsh Kapoor
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Describe the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers