CreateCopy/Save Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

CreateCopy/Save Error

Post by velagapudi_k »

When I am trying to save or compile a job, I am getting the below error.
Unable to create a copy of the object.

Mapping failed to copy attributes: JobDefn -> DSJobDef (EObject: null, JobDefn).
This is the first time I am seeing this error. Has anybody encounter this. Any input is appreciated.

History
The job is an extract job. We need to have similar extract jobs for other data. I am trying to create a copy of the job and then change it. The original job compiles and runs fine.
Venkat Velagapudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Restart your client machine and try again, maybe with a different "Save As" name.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mchivuku
Participant

Post by mchivuku »

I am also getting the same error message.The issue persists even after restarting the client multiple times.

Any suggestions appreciated, please.

regards,
Murali
BugFree
Participant

Post by BugFree »

Ray is correct.

I had this problem for my job. I tried compiling the job directly, and the popup has come showing the simillar error. But surprisingly the job compiled and ran fine. After 2 days when I open the job it was not reflecting the changes made to that job.
I created the copy of the job - it did not work. After that I created a new job and copy pasted only the stages inside the old job canvas. It worked.

But I am not sure of the root cuase.
By the way I was using CITRIX to connect to DataStage.
Ping me if I am wrong...