File system getting full

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neeraj
Participant

File system getting full

Post by neeraj »

Hello,

We have created 1 generic job which is getting used in 5-8 sequncers for loading the data into tables. It is an RCP job.

While executing the sequncers, I am seeing my file system is getting full every day.

Can you please let me know what can be the reason and how can I recifiy this issue.

Regards
Neeraj
BugFree
Participant

Post by BugFree »

Neeraj,

Are you sure that the file systems are getting full only if you run the sequences?
If your answer is yes, then by any chance are your sequences/jobs creating the FlatFiles? If you are loading the files with large amount of data, the size might exceeds its capacity.
Just cross check the size of the folders with your admin.

Is that answers your question?
Ping me if I am wrong...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What File(s) in which location(s) is/are being created and not deleted that cause the file system(s) to run full?
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: File system getting full

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi ,

Today i also faced a similar issue using RCP.
A file of 2 MB grew to 16 GB after a few runs. I have been using RCP for long but never had this issue

Regards
Sreeni
neeraj wrote:Hello,

We have created 1 generic job which is getting used in 5-8 sequncers for loading the data into tables. It is an RCP job.

While executing the sequncers, I am seeing my file system is getting full every day.

Can you please let me know what can be the reason and how can I recifiy this issue.

Regards
Neeraj
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Hi ,

Today i also faced a similar issue using RCP.
A file of 2 MB grew to 16 GB after a few runs. I have been using RCP for long but never had this issue

Regards
Sreeni
neeraj wrote:Hello,

Regards
Neeraj
Pagadrai
Participant

Post by Pagadrai »

Hi Sreeni and Neeraj,

I think the problem could be with the logic in the jobs. Ensure that it is not doing an 'Append' to the files.
You can try cleaning up of the files in the dir and try running the sequence each time and check the file counts for each run.

Are you sure that the problem is not occurring if you run the jobs individually?