searching for utlity DataStage Shell Integration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

efxuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

searching for utlity DataStage Shell Integration

Post by efxuser »

Hi all
I am looking for the utility - DataStage Shell Integration

Those of you that attended Ascential World may remember in the Tips & tricks presentation we mentioned a neat little utility that provides integration between Windows Explorer and DataStage .dsx files.

This neat little unsupported utility that one of of our engineers Barrie Green put together is located here http://developernet.ascential.com/forum ... d.php?id=9 and allows you to:

Right click on a dsx in Windows explorer then:

Import directly from the right click menu
Explore the Dsx in the properties panel showing important dsx information and even scans through the dsx allowing you to browse through the jobs / table definitions and shows which stages are used in the job all from windows explorer.

The above link doesnot work anymore.Can somebody point to this or anytoher equivalent utility?

Thanks
Kripa.K
EFX
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I used that... briefly, back in the day and uninstalled it shortly thereafter. All I remember as to the why is the pretty consistent way to would lock my machine up. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers