installation error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepak.hsbc
Participant

installation error

Post by deepak.hsbc »

I am trying to install datastage on AIX box.Installation last for atleast 10 min and then fails with the following error -

============================================================
Launching Parallel Extender install
Wed 25 Mar 17:52:49 2009
============================================================

current directory:
/tmp/dsinstall/unpack/parallel_extender
Command executed:
su dstgadm -c sh -c "./install /tmp/dsinstall/.install.vars asc_product_name='\"PARALLEL EXTENDER\"'"

ERROR: cannot locate the TAR utililty on your PATH.
Please make sure TAR is on your PATH before installing

installation FAILED.
The output of this session was saved in /tmp/orchinstlog680058.
====================================================
It says fail but when i go and check,i can see the dsrpc daemon is running.
Any idea what problem causes this error !!
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the message. The tar command can not be found, because its parent directory is not mentioned in your command search list (that is, in your PATH environment variable's value).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deepak.hsbc
Participant

Post by deepak.hsbc »

But I can run tar command from home directory and it is set in the PATH variable -

PATH=/opt/tools/ds/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/etc:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/home/dstgadm/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/home/cfdsi04/sqllib/bin:/home/cfdsi04/sqllib/adm:/home/cfdsi04/sqllib/misc
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."