How to give unlock privilege to normal users

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepak_b73
Participant

How to give unlock privilege to normal users

Post by deepak_b73 »

Hi,

I have a peculiar probem. I need to give unlock privilege to normal users so that they can unlock their jobs.Job unlocking is not happening from Director. Jobs have to be unlocked through Administrator.For this team members should have Administrator privilege which We can't give.

That is why only job unlock privilege needs to be given to them so that they nly can do that not waiting for administrator.

Please tell me how this can be done.

Regards,
Deepak
Deepak Bhat
Bangalore
v2kmadhav
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by v2kmadhav »

Deepak

all you have to do is select Enable Job administration in director option in admin.

that would let any user clean up resources or clear status files on jobs.

cheers
VM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only an administrator can use UNLOCK. This fact is not negotiable.

You can build a routine that the owner of a lock might use to release that lock but it will not use UNLOCK - it will use RELEASE.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

You can write a UNIX shell script for releasing the lock as a dsadm user.
Then the regular user can execute the script as a sudo user and pass the parameters project_name and job_name to release the locks.