Sybase Strored Procedure Call

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kld05
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sybase Strored Procedure Call

Post by kld05 »

I'm encountering a strange problem calling a Sybase stored procedure in the stored procedure stage. The procedure is returning a result. When I excute the job I get the correct number of rows but all NULLs are written to the file. If I send the result set to a peek stage it shows the colums headers with not vlaues, some have NULLs. The same exact call outside of DataStage returns data. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Pagadrai
Participant

Re: Sybase Strored Procedure Call

Post by Pagadrai »

kld05 wrote:I'm encountering a strange problem calling a Sybase stored procedure in the stored procedure stage. The procedure is returning a result. When I excute the job I get the correct number of rows but all NULLs are written to the file. If I send the result set to a peek stage it shows the colums headers with not vlaues, some have NULLs. The same exact call outside of DataStage returns data. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Hi,
can you check if there are any warning messages in the log?
Also for debugging, check with 2-5 rows and let us know.
There might be some problem with datatype.