Restartability in Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bi_fujitsu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Restartability in Sequence

Post by bi_fujitsu »

Hi,

I have created a sequence with the following flow.

Routine A------>Job A--------->Routine B------->Job B------->Job C-------->

I want that if the Sequence Fails at Job A or Routine B it should start from Routine A. But if it fails at Job B or Job C it should start from the point of failure it self. Please Let me know what needs to be done to achive this functionality.

Thanks
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Search for checkpoints
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Enabling checkpoints in the Sequence job will allow it to automatically restart from the point of failure when run from an Aborted/Restartable status. There's no built-in mechanism to handle your initial "if or" condition.

You'd either need to craft your own flavor of checkpointing, keeping track of where the problem occurred and restarting appropriately or (perhaps) allow for a manual choice of starting point. Off the top of my head, a job parameter to control the entry point into the job stream and a Nested Condition stage to evaluate it and branch into the appropriate spot. Sequencers set to 'Any' can provide the entry points.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers