DSN not Found Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Soma123
Participant

DSN not Found Error

Post by Soma123 »

Hi,
I have loaded Datastage 8.0.1 in a Window 2003 Server machine. SQL Server 2005 is used as Repository . I configured a DSN using IBM SQL Server Wire Protocol as Driver. Now when I am trying to Import a Table defination in DataStage Designer (Designer->Import-> Table Definations)
for the DSN name it's throwing error

"DSR.MetaGeta(GET.DSNINFO): Data source DSN1 not found.

please help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Is DSN1 recorded in the uvodbc.config file in your project (on the server)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Soma123
Participant

Post by Soma123 »

No I have not done any set up on that except creation of the DSN. the installation guide do mention editing 3 files 1) dsenv v 2) odbc.ini v 3) uvodbc.config for ODBC setup but only for UNIX/LINUX installation and nothing as such for WINDOWs installation. Hence I could not get the proper steps for how to proceed for that. Should I follow the steps for Unix only?

As IBM SQL Server Wire Protocol Driver is a thrid party (Data Direct) driver, I am also looking into Data Direct user guides, but not found anything yet.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Add two lines to uvodbc.config in the project directory.

Code: Select all

<DSN1>
DBMSTYPE = ODBC
The space either side of "=" is mandatory.

I trust that you created a System or File DSN, not a User DSN. DataStage can not make use of User DSNs.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Soma123
Participant

Post by Soma123 »

Thanks, ray. I am not getting that error now with the changes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark this thread as Resolved using the green button at top.