Did anyone installed ver 8.1 in SUSE Linux

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Did anyone installed ver 8.1 in SUSE Linux

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi,

I am looking for feedback from anyone who installed IS 8.1 on SuSe Linux environment. I understand the version was released at the end of January.

Many Thanks,

Aruna.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I haven't done it yet, but I will be doing an upgrade from version 8.0.1 to 8.1 on 64-bit SuSE Enterprise Linux when I can make some free time.

Mike
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi Mike,

That is the feedback I am interested in too. We currently finished our development in 8.0.1 in SuSe. We are in a kind of dilemma whether to switch to Redhat Linux before implementing due to the issues we had during development phase with 8.0.1 in SuSe.

As v8.1 for SuSe just got released we just want to see any success or horror stories out there first before taking a decision.

Thanks,

Aruna.
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Aruna,

We are using IIS 8.1 on Windows and plan to migrate to Linux SuSe, would you mind describing the issues that you had during development phase with 8.0.1?

I know that in 8.1 IBM fix a lot of issues but still I would like to be aware of them .....

Thanks,
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you've got 8.1 then you should have a readme document that outlines everything that has been "fixed in the current release".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I can't provide any substantive experience with SuSE other than the 64-bit install was a royal pain.

I currently spend my day job working on AIX.

If you look at the list of supported platforms, SuSE is probably going to get the least attention from IBM...

Mike
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Mike,

Unfortunately Linux SuSe is my current employer's standard :(
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

I understand SUSE is now in tier I release schedule of IBM for 8.2 release as against Tier II all these days. So, I am hoping the attention issues we had for SUSE in earlier releases will go away. May be I am being too optimistic.

I was told most of the issues we had with v8.01 were addressed in 8.1.