Oracle Enterprise Stage Load Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Oracle Enterprise Stage Load Error

Post by gsym »

Hii ,

Can you guys guide me thru this error

Oracle_Enterprise_154,0: Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -12801; message: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P028
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2
ORA-00018: maximum number of sessions exceeded

When I run the same job in sequential, the job runs fine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Talk with your Oracle DBA about the maximum number of sessions permitted from the one client. In this case the Oracle client is your DataStage job (your DataStage server and any other hosts named in the configuration file).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
fmcmullan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fmcmullan »

I've seen this when loading data into a partitioned table (with partitioned indexes) and using maintenance mode on the indexes.

When using the default parallel method, as you've seen, we would get the maximum sessions error. Like you, setting the stage to operate in sequential mode solved the problem.

It seems that DataStage attempts to launch as many connections as there are partitions on your table when running in parallel mode on a table with that structure.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks Ray & fmcmullan

Post by gsym »

I tried to get in touch with DBA, still waiting for response. Right now running it in sequential.

Jus to update you fmcmullan, My index mode is rebuild and i am using partition table.