Migrating from server to parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishore2456
Participant

Migrating from server to parallel jobs

Post by kishore2456 »

Hi,

We are currently using Datastage server jobs and we have requirement to migrate to parallel jobs. So can you please tell me how to migrate to parallel jobs
FD
Kryt0n
Participant

Re: Migrating from server to parallel jobs

Post by Kryt0n »

kishore2456 wrote:Hi,

We are currently using Datastage server jobs and we have requirement to migrate to parallel jobs. So can you please tell me how to migrate to parallel jobs
No doubt because management heard the words "runs in parallel".

If any analysis was done to determine if there was a cost benefit to migrating to parallel then you would already have that info... unless someone has come up with a magical tool to do such, "migrating" means a complete rework, they are completely different entities... or have I missed something???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM claims to have a tool, which they only offer as a service, and for which you have to agree to your work being sent offshore (I believe to IBM in Bangalore).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This has been discussed quite a bit, which judicious searches would turn up. One such example:

viewtopic.php?t=112997
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

ray.wurlod wrote:IBM claims to have a tool, which they only offer as a service, and for which you have to agree to your work being sent offshore (I believe to IBM in Bangalore). ...
A tool indeed....