Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Here's one way;

Code: Select all

cd $dshome
bin/uvsh<<EOF
LOGTO <Project Name>
<uv stuff>
QUIT
EOF
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... "uv" or "uvsh"? Not quite the same thing. What kind of actions are you trying to script?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The uv command is safer to use than uvsh or dssh in this context, because it takes automatic care of removing defunct printer shared memory segments (and has the authority to do so (provided permissions and ownership on the executables have been set correctly), which uvsh and dssh do not).

Don't forget to execute the dsenv script before attempting to invoke any of these commands. This could be made conditional, say, on testing one of the environment variables that is set in the dsenv script and not re-executing the script if it's not necessary to do so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe we really know the 'context' this intends to be used in... other than from the command line, it seems. [shrug]
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"From the command line" was my intention for "this context".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.