RTI Output and RTI Input

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vercama
Participant

RTI Output and RTI Input

Post by vercama »

I'm investigating whether or not Datastage can provide webservices functionalities. I know, and already used, that a job can be invoked via WS. However:
- I'd like to have the possibility to invoke a webservice stored on Datastage, may be passing some job parameters, and wait for the response. This response should contain a group of data equalso to the output of the process of the job (what often is written on target tables, I'd like to return as WS response).
- I'd like from a Datastage component to invoke an external webservice and, by processing the response's xml, writing the resulted data in a database.

Are RTI stages useful for these scopes?

I hope my questions are clear.
Thanks a lot,
Marco
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Search around....these have been discussed in detail, but for high level, RTI (now called ISD in version 8) allows me to publish DataStage jobs "as" web services (hosting the web service). Input to the service from a Web Service client can be read by the job (like any other source) and output from the Job can be sent back to the waiting Web Service client (just like any other target).

Calling a Web Service from within DS is another story...that is covered by WSPack and there are threads in here on the basics.

Check out some other entries and let us know if you have other questions.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's a version 8) now? Cool!
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Marketing would have it so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

sorry...should have disabled Smilies... but that was a good one!
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>