location of libdsplugin.so

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Cr.Cezon
Participant

location of libdsplugin.so

Post by Cr.Cezon »

when i try to enter into DS Engine ( with uvsh command) appears the next message:

/usr/lib/hpux64/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libdsplugin.so'.

it could be because of LD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIB_PATH but i have checked it and it was ok.

I want to know in what path i can find the 'libdsplugin.so' to check if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is OK.

I have an HP_UX

regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't know the answer for HP-UX. Why not just use a find command to determine the location of libdsplugin.so and verify that its parent directory is in your shared library search path.

By the way, is it LD_LIBRARY_PATH on HP-UX? I have a feeling that it's not, that it should be SHLIB_PATH (or is it LIBPATH?).
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I think it can change based on the architecture. For the PA-RISC based 11i Superdomes here it is $SHLIB_PATH... but I seem to recall that the Itanium boxes use $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

Ray, I tried to search with find command, but it doesn't find it.

Chulett, for titanium it is true, it use LD_LIBRARY_PATH, however i have configured both of them.

Could you find it in your system?

in dsenv file there is:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$
ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/hpux-all-ia64_64:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/IA64W:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/IA64W/hotspot:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/IA64W/native_t
hreads:`dirname $APT_ORCHHOME`/lib:/$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

regards,
Cristina.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

If you can't find it on your system, how is DataStage supposed to find it?

For my AIX install, it is in: $DSHOME/lib.

Mike
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

it could be because of permision problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you find it using a partial name search? In particular the "lib" part of the name may not be present.

Code: Select all

find / -name '*dsplugin.so' -print
(Run this with superuser privilege so that permissions aren't a problem, or redirect stderr to /dev/null.)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

I can't find it.
Is it necesary?

could you please execute ldd comand:
ldd -v $DSHOME/bin/uvsh

$ ldd -v $DSHOME/bin/uvsh

find library=libodbc.so; required by /dts81aut/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/uvsh
libodbc.so => /dts81aut/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls/libodbc.so

find library=libdsplugin.so; required by /dts81aut/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/uvsh
Unable to find library 'libdsplugin.so'.
$

perhaps this library has been deleted from my sistem, but I feel very strange.
the last week DS works fine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have access to a second system (production, for example)? Can you (or they) find libdsplugin.so there? If so, and it's a compatible system, you could copy from one system to the other. Otherwise restore it from system backup. This is a vital library; it provides the underpinning of all plug-in stage types.
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Post by Cr.Cezon »

no, I have only one system, that is why I would like to certificate with us if you have this library on your system.