DS EE 7.5.3 and Oracle Instalation on HP Itanium

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jseclen
Participant

DS EE 7.5.3 and Oracle Instalation on HP Itanium

Post by jseclen »

Hi,

I'm installing and DS EE 7.5.3 on HP Itanium with OOSS HP-UX 11.31, before the install the oracle client was installed. Now when i tried to view the data using Import-Plugin metadata definition obtain the error message 'Unable to initialize plug-in:'

The DS installer is the Itanium version dont the HP-UX version and the oracle version is 10g.

That are my variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ds/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/IA64W/hotspot:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/IA64W:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib::/usr/lib:/lib:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib32

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/contrib/Q4/bin:/opt/perl/bin:/opt/ipf/bin:/opt/gvsd/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/wbem/bin:/opt/wbem/sbin:/opt/sas/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/atok/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/sec_mgmt/bastille/bin:/opt/drd/bin:/opt/dsau/bin:/opt/dsau/sbin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/firefox:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/usr/contrib/kwdb/bin:/opt/mozilla:/opt/perl_32/bin:/opt/perl_64/bin:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/sfm/bin:/opt/swm/bin:/opt/sec_mgmt/spc/bin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/swa/bin:/opt/hpsmh/bin:/opt/thunderbird:/opt/langtools/bin:/opt/wlm/bin:/opt/gwlm/bin:/opt/aCC/bin:/opt/caliper/bin:/opt/cadvise/bin:/opt/sentinel/bin:.:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin

APT_ORCHHOME=/ds/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine

I have permissions in the oracle home

/oracle/product/10.2.0
$ ls -l
total 8
drwxr-x--- 58 oracle dba 2048 Feb 11 17:24 asm
drwxr-x--- 57 oracle dba 2048 Feb 11 11:56 db_1

My user is dsadm and belong to dba group.

Are there another settings???

Thanks for your help.
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There was a known issue with DataStage on Itanium with regards to Oracle, sounds like the problem still exists. It doesn't correctly setup its Oracle components correctly and you manually need to create a link from where things live to where they really need to be to make it all work.

I've posted about this here before, the details of the link needed should be out there. Or your support provider should have the details.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hello105
Participant

Re: DS EE 7.5.3 and Oracle Instalation on HP Itanium

Post by hello105 »

HI

Check your DS lib file and the Oracle lib file ,make sure they are same in the bit num.If your ds lib file are ELF-64 shared object file,i think the oracle lib must be.You can use the file command to get the info.

jseclen wrote:Hi,

I'm installing and DS EE 7.5.3 on HP Itanium with OOSS HP-UX 11.31, before the install the oracle client was installed. Now when i tried to view the data using Import-Plugin metadata definition obtain the error message 'Unable to initialize plug-in:'

The DS installer is the Itanium version dont the HP-UX version and the oracle version is 10g.

That are my variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ds/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/IA64W/hotspot:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/IA64W:/ds/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib::/usr/lib:/lib:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib32

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/contrib/Q4/bin:/opt/perl/bin:/opt/ipf/bin:/opt/gvsd/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/wbem/bin:/opt/wbem/sbin:/opt/sas/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/atok/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/sec_mgmt/bastille/bin:/opt/drd/bin:/opt/dsau/bin:/opt/dsau/sbin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/firefox:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/perf/bin:/opt/ignite/bin:/usr/contrib/kwdb/bin:/opt/mozilla:/opt/perl_32/bin:/opt/perl_64/bin:/opt/prm/bin:/opt/sfm/bin:/opt/swm/bin:/opt/sec_mgmt/spc/bin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/swa/bin:/opt/hpsmh/bin:/opt/thunderbird:/opt/langtools/bin:/opt/wlm/bin:/opt/gwlm/bin:/opt/aCC/bin:/opt/caliper/bin:/opt/cadvise/bin:/opt/sentinel/bin:.:/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin

APT_ORCHHOME=/ds/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine

I have permissions in the oracle home

/oracle/product/10.2.0
$ ls -l
total 8
drwxr-x--- 58 oracle dba 2048 Feb 11 17:24 asm
drwxr-x--- 57 oracle dba 2048 Feb 11 11:56 db_1

My user is dsadm and belong to dba group.

Are there another settings???

Thanks for your help.
jseclen
Participant

Re: DS EE 7.5.3 and Oracle Instalation on HP Itanium

Post by jseclen »

Thanks for your help, i was swimming in the forum and i found the answer for my problem with Oracle, i will share it with you.

You must to create two links, for the old version (9.x) and other for the new version (10.2.x)

This is the first link:
ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1 libclntsh.so.9.0

this is the second link:
ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1 libclntsh.so.10.1

That links must be created in the next path:
$DSHOME/lib

After the creation must check the links in the directory:

libclntsh.so.10.1 -> /oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1
libclntsh.so.9.0 -> /oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1

Later, check in the Manager the Plugin metadata definition, and connect to tnsnames.or to view the tables and the data. The option Orchestrate Schema dont work, i open a PMR for this problem.

I hope this help !!!
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru