Usage Analysis of a File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joesat
Participant

Usage Analysis of a File

Post by joesat »

I would like to know if there are any ways to find out the list of DS jobs where a sequential file is used... something like a Usage Analysis report, but for a file rather than a routine, etc.

Thanks!
Joel Satire
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Usage Analysis works for files as well if you've stored metadata from the file and linked the metadata to the job by importing it. Or search for "CSeqInput" for a way to query the repository for this. You'll need "CSeqOutput" as well but the search will turn that up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

Thanks Craig!

I was able to get the reply from viewtopic.php?t=124079&highlight=CSeqInput

Since I am a newbie to DS Administrator, I would like to know how one captures the output to a file.

Craig, if you can just give me the keywords to search DSXchange I would gladly search for that.. Thanks again!
Joel Satire
joesat
Participant

Post by joesat »

another query.. is there any way to execute these SQL statements from a command prompt rather than logging into DS Administrator?
Joel Satire
kiran259
Participant

Post by kiran259 »

joesat wrote:another query.. is there any way to execute these SQL statements from a command prompt rather than logging into DS Administrator?
You have to run them from DS Admin.
Kiran Vaduguri

As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Kiran259 is mistaken. You can run the SQL from the command line. Do a search for dssh or uv.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

To capture output, search for "COMO ON" and you'll find "COMO OFF" as well. Output will be written to the "&COMO&" directory in the attached project.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers