Syntax for trimPadding() function of APT_String?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

csuttl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Syntax for trimPadding() function of APT_String?

Post by csuttl »

Hello All,

I'm developing a custom buildop and I'm trying to figure out how to use trimPadding(), a function of APT_String. I found the declaration and some examples in basicstring.h. I was hoping the set of pdf's that come with the client install would have some information but haven't been able to find anything there other than "go look in basicstring.h". I searched the forums and only found one topic that mentioned trimPadding (in this same forum). Anyway, if you can point me to the documentation I would really appreciate it!

Basically, I'm trying to understand how to trim all leading and trailing spaces on a field. Per the header file, the function just trims trailing spaces by default. I know it has something to do with the dir parameter but I can't seem to get the syntax correct. Thanks!

**Note: Subject line made more descriptive - Content Editor **
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A good place to look would be the chapter on the modify operator in the Orchestrate Operators manual. This shows how the arguments to the Modify stage's string_trim() function work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.