How To Find Cleared Log Reports

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepgs
Participant

How To Find Cleared Log Reports

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi All,

I have to check the datastage Log Reports. But all the log reports were cleared. So I am unable to fetch log report for a particular job.
Is there any way we can see the old log reports on DataStage jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep.
mk_ds09
Participant

Post by mk_ds09 »

Hi Sandeep..

Once log reports are cleared, these log files are deleted..
However if you are having the log file name, it could be restored using the unix..

-----------

Hope this helps..

-----------

MK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The log is not a file, so restoring it "with the unix" is not a straightforward procedure.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

ray.wurlod wrote:The log is not a file, so restoring it "with the unix" is not a straightforward procedure. ...

So can you please tell me how to retrive the previous log Reports.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to restore the backed up hashed file that is the log for that job, but not over the top of the hashed file for the existing job. For example, you could rename the hashed file during the restore process. After that, you can create a VOC pointer to the restored hashed file, with field #3 referring to D_RT_LOG (the file dictionary for all logs), and process that hashed file using DataStage BASIC.

If you want to use Director, then it becomes more complex and dangerous (to the existing log for this job). I won't go into details of this just yet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

RT_LOG has basically a surrogate key. There is a field which stores the starting key for each run. It is stored in what is called a multivalued field. So it is not simple to extract the starting number and only list records which are between an old number and the next job run. I would try SQL if I was you. You could probably figure it out.
Mamu Kim