Setting microsecond portion of Timestamp???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Salegueule
Participant

Setting microsecond portion of Timestamp???

Post by Salegueule »

Hi,

I am working on converting some ETL programs from COBOL MVS to Unix DataStage PX. On some condition, one of the COBOL program is setting a timestamp column to '9999-12-31 23:59:59.999999'.

Although DataStage does not seems to kick or issue warning of any sorts, I am getting '9999-12-31 23:59:59.000000' as a results, loosing my 9's. I have try a couple of thing but looks like DataStage does not handle the microsecond portion when it comes to set it. It does that right though if I am only passing the value from the source though.

Does anyone can help getting my.999999 ?

Thanks.
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Did you try concatenating timestamp part with hardcoded '.999999' and loading them to target field?
Kandy

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the format picture you are using for the timestamp? Does it include the fractional seconds part?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Salegueule
Participant

Post by Salegueule »

kandyshandy wrote:Did you try concatenating timestamp part with hardcoded '.999999' and loading them to target field?
Hi,

Yes I have tried that and not working for me.
Salegueule
Participant

Post by Salegueule »

ray.wurlod wrote:What is the format picture you are using for the timestamp? Does it include the fractional seconds part? ...
Hi,

I am using the following:

CONSENT_END_TIMEST: timestamp[microseconds] {text, timestamp_format="%yyyy-%mm-%dd-%hh.%nn.%ss.6"}

Thanks!