Transformer constraints

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sigma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Transformer constraints

Post by sigma »

If I want to build a transformer contraint as below should I be using one transfomer for each of these contraint or can I throw all of them in one transfomer

Also how does one escape a double quote character ...for example if I want to check for existence of IMPERIAL COLLEGE - "ACTIVE ACCESS" how to escape the double quote

If I throw all of them in one transformer it does not seem to generate any filters

Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "DO NOT USE",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "PFIZER",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "IMPERIAL COLLEGE - "ACTIVE ACCESS"",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "GLAXOSMITHKLINE",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "ASTRAZENECA",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "GE HEALTHCARE LTD",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, "STRAZENECA, EUROPEAN HIERARCHY",1) = 0 or
Index(CustomerLoad.NAME4, "PREPAID",1) = 0
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can use either single or double quotes, so if you need to check for double-quotes in your string, surround it with singles:

Code: Select all

Index(CustomerLoad.NAME1, 'IMPERIAL COLLEGE - "ACTIVE ACCESS"',1) = 0
Make sure your logic is correct - if the expression equates to true the record will exit the transformer, so all values would have to be not found in order for a record to be blocked with that constraint.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Why not in one transformer? If all these conditions are to be met for a single record to be output, then it could be in one transformer.. i mean one output constraint.

I guess you want to use AND and not OR.
Kandy
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Either the logic is not right as Craig pointed out or the OP just needs to replace OR with AND as kandyshandy pointed out.
In an OR condition, as soon as one is true within the same level, none of the other conditions are evaluated as only one TRUE is required for the statement to be true.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.